Monday 2 August 2010

I re-learnt a valuable lesson this weekend, make sure your equipment is fit for purpose and working properly, after making the 120m round trip and putting in a tt effort for 43 miles, I had to pull out of the 50tt on Sunday. All started well, felt really good, went through the first 25 in 51:52. But I was having some discomfort from the chamois in my suit. It started getting worse and worse until I had to stop on the side of the road at 32 miles, tried to sort the problem, and continued on, at 43m enough was enough and I decided to call it a day before I lost the ability to father anymore children!
Other than that it was a good ride and a good indicator of form averaging 360w for the distance I did cover, although I think a PB was pretty much a dead cert, so as they say 'such is life'.
So, after a day off today to let me 'recover', I have an open event on Wednesday on my local club course, and off to France on the weekend for a working holiday.

until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment